Bathroom Hygiene and Remodelling
The bathroom is more like a private sanctuary; it is an ideal place to escape the daily demands of life and therefore requires a high sense of cleanliness and freshness because it is most likely to be the ultimate bacteria host. These bacteria can eventually cause infections to the skin, urinary tracts, foot, and even stomach if not kept at bay by frequently cleaning and disinfecting the bathroom area.
Cleanliness of the Bathroom
Thorough cleaning of the bathroom is essentially needed at least once a week since germs harboured in one place can easily spread all over the bathroom. A study conducted in 2011 by the global public health and safety organization NSF international revealed that toothbrush holders contained most germs in many households. Efficient cleaning of the bathroom involves -:
• Clearing items from their usual spot.
• Dusting and sweeping from the top to the bottom
• Applying cleaner to shower and bathtub
• Tackle all other surfaces
• Mix a cleaning solution for the floor
• Scrub the shower and bathtub. Also clean the walls, floors and other surfaces then rinse
• Replace all items after wiping them if necessary
• Scrub the sinks by using an all-purpose cleaner
• Clean the toilet by scrubbing the bowl with a preferred toilet cleaner.
• Clean the toilet seat by scrubbing it using vinegar and baking soda paste. Wipe with a clean cloth soaked in clean water to wipe off the vinegar and baking soda.
• If the toilet seat is old or damaged or even full of stubborn stains then replacement toilet seat is the way to go.
Bathroom Decor and Accessories
Having fewer things in the surfaces gives a way better impression in the bathroom. Use decorative shower curtains, bath mats, bath towels and rugs to get a stylish and functional bathroom. Stick to a colour palette and necessities. Use of shelves saves on floor space; trays can also be used instead. Use mirrors to create a bigger space impression. Give the bathroom a pop of colour with a brightly coloured replacement toilet seat that matches the colour palette of the bathroom. Purchases of toilet seats can be done at locally available replacement toilet seat shops. Shop toilet seats that fit the shape of the porcelain hence it must resemble the outline of the fittings.
Bathroom Remodel Considerations
Whether the bathroom is simple and small or a master en-suite, the functionality ought to be at the centre of its remodel.
1. Drawer installing- drawer storage is much better than a door, they are easily accessible and less tedious to organize. Also, the drawers can accommodate bigger items.
2. Shower floors- the options are nearly inexhaustible though smaller tiles offer more friction and are commonly standard for shower floors.
3. Wall hung toilets- these save on space because the tank is usually hidden behind the wall.
4. Plumbing – larger drains have less tendencies to clog.
5. Lighting – recessed lighting fixtures should be considered throughout the ceiling to illuminate the bathroom.
The most important thing to do is to find a design inspiration first and then consider your budget.